From Within The Cinema Hotel & Tel Aviv
Next weekend – May 2, 3, 4 – is the ‘Houses from Within‘ event in Tel Aviv. We at Atlas are really excited, there are over 100 events, tours and exhibitions going on all across the city. Because there are so many we thought we would help by recommending some we think are most interesting.
Our number one recommendation is : A walk through tour of our very own Cinema Hotel
A visit to the first Bauhaus building in the city that underwent restoration, turning the legendary Esther Cinema into our unique boutique hotel. Registration is required as space is limited. For tour times & registration click here (we are number 46 on the page)
Because this year marks the 10th anniversary of Tel Aviv’s declaration as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO (the white city) both our Cinema and Center Chic hotels have some of the best and most interesting tours/ exhibits going on right beside them.
* Guerrilla Lighting TLV – Thursday, May 2nd 8:30pm
Light shooters with colorful and highly powerful torches will go across Tel Aviv, stopping at
buildings designated for preservation and lighting them up for several minutes.
Meeting place: the corner of Bialik St. and Allenby St. (across from Cafe Bialik) – Open event (#38 on the list)
* Guerrilla Lighting Around Dizengoff Square – includes the Cinema Hotel – Saturday, May 4th 8:30pm
Meeting place: next to the kiosk on the corner of Beilinson St. and Aharonovitz St. – Open event (#39 on the list)
* “Bauhaus Renewal in Tel Aviv: Preservation of International Style Buildings in the White City.”
The exhibit highlights buildings that were designated for preservation and have undergone restoration and renewal. 99 Dizengoff St., Bauhaus Center For time and more info click here (#47 on the list)
* A Port is Being Built Here – On the pier next to the historic crane, Tel Aviv Port
exhibit of historic photographs from the Tel Aviv Port’s archive – open event – #56 on the list
There are many events dedicated to the renewal of the Levent fair – one of the largest events that took place in Tel Aviv in the 1930s
* Living on the Sands at the Renewed Levant Fair: Pavilion 16, Plumer Square, at the end of Dizengoff St
Exhibit shows the historic home of the International Center for Exhibitions & includes sections of the White City Exhibition from 2004.. Click link for times &more infor (#19 on the list) exhibit will be open for 2 months
* The Levant Fair: The Architectural Angle. Meeting place: corner of Dizengoff St. & HaTa`arucha St.
A tour highlighting the architectural-historical aspects of the fair
Friday, May 3rd, 8:00 Reservations are required (#22 on the list)