10 Musts in August
1. Wear Sunscreen. August is the hottest time of year in Israel, whether you are at the beach, the old city, or just walking around, you have to take breaks to reapply.
2. Drink Water . A lot of it. When you think you drank enough, drink more.
3. Find AC. If you feel like taking a break from the warm weather go to a museum, a coffee shop, a store or just spend some time in one of our comfortable Atlas Hotels lobbies.
4. Go to a cultural event. Check out our event page with a list of great events going on in August.
5. Watch the sunset from one of our rooftops in Tel Aviv. It is truly magnificent every evening in the summer time.
6. Swim. The sea is calling your name. Take a dip and cool down then dry off on the beach in no time. Don’t forget to take towels from the hotel or ask for one of our complementary beach totes available at the Melody.
7. Go to the Shuk. There are so many great fruits and veggies in season. Take advantage of foods you may not normally get a chance to enjoy. Plus it is always a great place to find souvenirs. You can’t go wrong at the shuk.
8. Treat your self. Stop into one of the many coffee shops, & bakeries all over Israel and cool down with some of the most amazing blended juices and natural yogurt at stands and stores across the country. If you are staying at the Harmony there is an amazing waffle shop around the corner.
9. Stay active. Unless you are waking up early or waiting until the sunsets, it a bit too hot to go for a run. If you are staying at the Melody hotel there is exercise equipment on every floor. There are also work out parks all around Israel. Even if you aren’t planning to work out, they are fun for breaking a quick sweat.
10. Relax. Enjoy your vacation, see the sites but don’t over do it. Take some time to read a book (you can find one at the new beachfront library), get a massage at the Shalom Hotel & Relax, take a nap (on the rooftops if you want, there is a great breeze up there), and just breathe and enjoy your stay in Israel.